4 Jun 2016

High End Vs Drug Store

 I was sat in my room browsing my Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and all my other social media pages, and one quote or picture of a quote kept popping in to my newsfeed "Why would you go for a "collection" girl when you've got a Mac girl at home" - or something along those lines.

This forced me to read the comments, as well as the fact that I'm slightly obsessed with make-up, and I am also IN LOVE with the collection lasting perfection concealer - as I am sure the rest of the beauty world is (It's amazing)

Now the comments on these posts ranged from makeup artists to makeup artist in training to just people who like make up. All they were doing was SLATING these cheaper make up ranges, claiming that they would only use high end products on clients, or that because something costs £1 its terrible (MUA EYESHADDOWS)

Well, I BEG TO DIFFER.

As much as I absolutely adore Mac and all these other high end make up brands (trust me I get that longing look in my eyes when I walk past a makeup counter and my boyfriend/friends have to practically drag me away before I spend all my wages) I can say that not only do these Cheap/Drugstore items offer amazing products but some in fact nearly all have at least one or two dupes for a high end product.

Take for example Chanels "SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL"
 http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Bronzers-SOLEIL-TAN-DE-CHANEL-95742 

And then compare it to Bourjois Paris - "BRONZING PRIMER"
 http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/enhancer/bronzing_primer

Are they both not almost identical, yes the Chanel one is bigger and looks more appealing, but if it’s something that works just as well or in fact better would you not go for the cheaper option? Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn't Chanel own Bourjois Paris (or at least aren't they a parent company?)

 As I said previously, I love Mac  and I own a lot of Mac products but whenever it comes to me putting my concealer on I rarely ever touch my Mac one, I always go for my Maybelline fit me concealer or my collection lasting perfecting ( I wear the lightest shade in both).

As for MUA cosmetics, they are cheap yes, and some of their products leave me disappointed ( the matte lipsticks ) but I cannot put any shame in their single £1 eyeshades. I think they're amazing for the price and in fact they are better than some higher priced ones I have used. I think when it all comes down to it we can't really judge a product on its price or brand name, Mac have had fails and so have collection but they both also have amazing products.


 Don’t judge a product on its brand name judge it on its performance.


 Do let me know what you all think about this "cheaper V expensive" battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.